Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not accept any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. All travel documents are non transferable. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder, some carriers will deny carriage if the name varies and the booking may be cancelled. It is your responsibility to collect all travel documents from us prior to travel. Please contact your consultant the day before collection to confirm that the travel documents are ready for collection.
It is your responsibility to contact the airline prior to travel to ensure the scheduled departure time has not changed.
We can provide information to you about travel insurance. For details of the services we provide, including a quote, please refer to our Financial Services Guide. Travel insurance is strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel.
Passports & Visas:
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility. All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of entry. If you need information regarding visa and other travel document requirements for your trip please let us know. We can obtain such information from an external visa advisory service provider on your behalf. We do not warrant the accuracy of such information and accept no liability for any loss or damage, which you may suffer in reliance on it. We can obtain visas for you if you wish and fees may apply for this service.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations and to ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation.
Certain taxes are mandatory in various countries. There may also be an additional local tax charged at some airports. All taxes are subject to change without notice.
We are unable to provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from the relevant supplier. Cancelled bookings will incur charges. These charges can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Fees will also apply where a booking is changed or tickets are reissued.
Australian OpCo Pty Ltd acts as a travel agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and other wholesale service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators. Australian OpCo Pty Ltd's obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. We have no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty or representation regarding their standard. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers. Your legal recourse is against the specific provider and not Australian OpCo Pty Ltd. If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted your remedy lies against the provider and not with Australian OpCo Pty Ltd.
We do not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
Credit Card Transactions:
Credit card surcharges may apply when paying by credit card. If for any reason any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that provider, and not against Australian OpCo Pty Ltd.
Organise your Travelex holiday money through us. Travelex provides the largest range of currencies and denominations in travellers’ cheques and foreign cash as well as the new pre-paid PIN protected card - cash passport. You must be 18 years of age or older, and understand and agree with the above terms and conditions.
This website is owned and operated by Australian OpCo Pty Ltd ABN 20 003 279 534 ("we", "us") and is provided for residents of Australia only. This page sets out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use this Site (the "Terms"). Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use this Site and service. By using this Site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms. The term "you" as used in these Terms refers to all individuals and/or entities accessing this Site for any reason.
- Website information
- This Site displays information about travel locations, airfares, travel agents locations, flight times and dates, tours, packages, insurance, cruises, transportation, foreign currency, schedules, travel companies, information about Australian OpCo Pty Ltd and many other things.
- Most of this information is supplied to us by third party providers including airlines, hotels and transportation suppliers. Therefore, although we have taken reasonable care to ensure that this information is correct and up to date, we cannot check the accuracy of such information where it is provided to us by third parties.
- We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by third parties. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from the Site with the relevant third party provider.
- Prices, Travel Restrictions and Conditions
- Restrictions and conditions apply to all of the travel products and services offered on this Site and such restrictions and conditions may affect the prices set out on the Site. To determine the applicable restrictions and conditions you must contact us or the relevant third party provider.
- The airlines and other third party providers of travel and travel related services may change their prices, details of their packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the Site at any time. For this reason, all prices displayed on the Site are subject to change without notice. All travel products and services described on the Site are subject to availability.
- We will endeavour to notify you of all relevant taxes, airport charges and any other additional costs when you confirm your booking with us (as at that date) but these may be subject to variation prior to your departure.
- You are responsible for obtaining all passport, visa and health information that you may require. We may assist you to obtain such information, however the final responsibility for obtaining the necessary information and complying with any passport, visa and health requirement remains with you.
- Intellectual Property
- The material contained on this Site, including (without limitation) the software, design, text and graphics (including trademarks) comprised in this Site and the selection and layout of this Site, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by Australian and international intellectual property laws, including copyright.
- You may use the Site only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the Site, or create any other material using material on the Site, without obtaining our prior written consent.
- Trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining our prior written consent.
- The Site, including trademarks, service-marks, business names, company names, logos, trade-names, get-up (trade dress), products, technology and processes contained in this Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by us or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of this Site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction.
- Your Use
- You must only use this Site for lawful purposes and in a responsible and co-operative manner.
- Any breach of these Terms by you will result in legal action being taken by us against you
- You must not:
- use another's personal information, including name, login details or password without permission;
- make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using the Site;
- use the Site while impersonating another person;
- post or transmit to or via the Site any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the Site;
- delete data from the Site without our permission;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Site;
- breach any third party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in any jurisdiction in using this Site;
- frame this Site as part of another site or cache this Site for commercial benefit;
- commit any act that may amount to a criminal offence or civil breach of any other jurisdiction;
- attempt to do any of the above acts; or
- knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
- Your warranties
You warrant that:
- you are of sufficient legal age to use this Site and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this Site;
- you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this Site by you and those using this Site using your login details, including your password; and
- the information you supply via the Site will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be misled or deceive.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from:
- any breach of these Terms by you;
- any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an officer, employee or agent of you.
- Your Privacy
- We and our third party providers of travel and travel related products and services may disclose your personal information to others where directly connected with facilitating your travel arrangements and bookings and the provision of travel services and products. For example, we may disclose your personal information to airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other service providers in facilitating your travel arrangements.
- At all times we retain the right to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- We may disclose aggregated information about users and use statistics relating to the Site and aggregated information about our sales and trading patterns to others.
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- You use this Site at your own risk.
- THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY US ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE OR COMPLETE, OR THAT IT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SUPPLIED THROUGH THE SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED AND SUPPLIED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE OR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY DESCRIPTIONS ON THE SITE OR SAMPLES.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (INCLUDING OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES) ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWEVER CAUSED (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WHICH MAY BE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUFFERED, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THIS SITE OR THE PURCHASE AND USE OF ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES SUPPLIED VIA THIS SITE. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STATUTE) APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.
- In the event that our Site fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund of any money that you paid to us to use this Site.
- Your access to and use of this Site is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not represent or warrant that this Site, the server that makes it available or any of the products or services supplied through this Site will be free of errors, viruses or defects or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. Because of the nature of the Internet, we do not warrant that this Site will be secure and we will not be liable for any disruptions to the Site.
- We do not represent that any of the travel products and services set out on the Site will be suitable for you. You release us from any claims in relation to the travel products and services described on the Site, including but not limited to claims that the travel products and services are not suitable.
- The travel products and services offered and promoted via the Site are products and services of third parties. Our role is to facilitate your travel arrangements, including processing your bookings and making payments. We are acting as an agent for third party providers. Your legal relationship in respect of the third party products and services is with the relevant third party provider.
- If any warranties are implied by law that cannot be excluded, then our liability for breach of such warranties is limited, at our option, to:
- in the case of products:
- the replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products;
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again;
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- We may link our Site to other sites on the World Wide Web. We are not required to maintain or update these links. These links are provided for your convenience only. It does not mean that we have reviewed these sites or that we endorse them. We are not responsible for the content of other sites, even if we link to them and we are not recommending these sites or their products or services to you.
- We make no warranties and accept no liability if you suffer any loss or damage in relation to material contained on external sites or using another's product or services.
- The online booking facilities of our third party providers utilise Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure the security of all online booking transactions. SSL encryption is automatically enabled whenever the user submits confidential information to us via the Internet.
- Within Australian OpCo Pty Ltd’s online booking facilities there are two methods of transmitting credit card information to the booking; either the user submits their details during the booking process or, if the user has an existing profile, the information is sent directly from our profile database into the booking, bypassing the Internet entirely.
- This Site may store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to the Site.
- By using cookies, web sites can track information about visitor’s use of the Site and provide customised content. Most web browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. You may also inspect the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting amended Terms on the Site. The amended Terms will take effect immediately when they are posted on the Site.
We may terminate this agreement, your registration with or ability to access this Site and/or any other service provided to you by us and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Terms.
- Our relationship
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Terms.
Except as required by law or otherwise specified by us, you must provide any notices to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will provide any notices to you by email to any email address provided by you. Notices will be taken to have been received 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party receives notice that the address is invalid or that the email has not been received.
- Governing law
- If any dispute arises about this agreement or how this agreement applies or arising out of your use of this Site, the laws of Queensland, Australia will apply.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
- If any of these Terms are invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out, and the remaining Terms will remain in force.
- Headings are for reference purposes only.
- If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Terms, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- In these Terms, the term "Site" includes any email bulletins or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this Site.
- These Terms were last updated on 08 November 2007.