Virgin Australia now offers a dedicated baggage allowance for competitive sports players and members of competitive sporting organisations, including dance!
Individual travellers can now access a generous 32kg of checked baggage across 1-2 pieces of baggage when travelling domestically within Australia.*
How to book
- You must meet at least one of the eligibility criteria as outlined below.
- Contact your Stage and Screen travel manager to book your Virgin Australia domestic flight and request your dedicated sports baggage allowance (provide your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number where appropriate.
- Confirm your sporting organisation or club name, and the competitive sporting event that you are travelling to.
- Your dedicated Stage and Screen travel manager will take care of everything else!
To be eligible for Virgin Australia’s sports baggage allowance, travellers must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Team members, athletes, managers or support staff travelling to/from a competitive sporting event.
- Members of a registered sporting club or recognised sporting team travelling to/from a competitive sporting event.
- Financial members of a registered sporting association or club travelling to/from a competitive sporting event.
- All requests must be made via email to your Stage and Screen Travel Manager a minimum of three business days prior to travel.
Terms and conditions:
*No one piece of baggage can weigh more than 32kg while dimension limits also apply – please refer to www.virginaustralia.com/baggage for more information. Virgin Australia cannot guarantee that checked baggage or excess baggage will be uplifted as this is subject to aircraft loads. Requests to obtain sport industry baggage must be made via email at least three or more business days prior to departure. If you expect to exceed the additional sports baggage allowance, you may pre-purchase additional baggage. A charge will apply at the airport for any pieces in excess of pre-purchased or included baggage allowances for competitive sports associates. Sport Baggage allowance is permitted on Virgin Australia operated domestics services only and is not applicable to VA coded flights operated by partner airlines. Any booking of 10 or more guests should be completed by Stage and Screen through the standard Virgin Australia Business Events and Groups bookings process, and will not be subject to the guidelines above, but rather will be subject to our Sporting Terms and Conditions. For Velocity Platinum or Gold members and Business class guests, you can either request the sport baggage allowance or your status baggage allowance. Individuals travelling on Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) network must flag their travel destinations when requesting the sport baggage allowance as aircraft types operating those routes (ATR, F100, E190) have less capacity to uplift equipment. Should you require further assistance, please contact your Stage and Screen Travel Manager or Account Manager where applicable.